A downloadable game for Windows
Pablo is a hunter, and he's out to retrieve something that was stolen from him. Your journey has led to this mansion, but it seems to be overflowing with spectres. Your only hope is this peculiar belt which uses sound waves to identify foes.
Spectroscopic is a very short game (each playthrough usually takes 15 minutes or so at most), originally built in 48 hours for the 2017 Global Game Jam, however it has been extensively polished and extra content was added afterwards as well.
- Can be played with a keyboard+mouse (WASD or ZQSD movement and mouse to aim, fire and toggle sonar once obtained)
- Alternatively, a XInput compatible gamepad can also be used. (Twin sticks for movement and aim, A/Y/R/RT to fire, B/X/L/LT to toggle sonar once obtained)
- Your gamepad might also be compatible if you download x360ce, consider giving it a try!
- Flávio Caribé : Game design direction, level design
- Gabriel Werneck : In-game background music
- Kevin MacLeod : Expertly crafted royalty-free songs
- Luana Miguel : Character concepts and UX design
- Raquel Marcolino : Art direction and additional concepts
- Rodrigo Oak : Additional programming, art assets and visual effects
- Various users at Freesound.org : Public domain sound effects
- Myself : Core programming, level design
Thank you for playing, feedback and criticism is appreciated!
|Published||Feb 07, 2017|
|Tags||2D, Exploration, GameMaker, Global Game Jam, Perma Death, Pixel Art, Superhero, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter, upgrades|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Textless|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.